Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Freebies: Cuts & Caps from Briarpress.org


For my first freebie, I am excited to introduce you to one of my favorites: BriarPress.org! I've enjoyed this site for years and love the beautiful art that they produce.

Take a look at their cuts & caps section.

Started by a mother-son team, they scan ornaments and initials from old specimen books, then convert them into vector line art. These beautiful graphics could be lost forever, if not for this team of artists, committed to converting them to vector art.

You can use them in your print or digital work. Some graphics are for sale, but hundreds, like the sample here, are FREE!

They tell us, "Briar Press is a community of letterpress printers, book artists, and press enthusiasts. The site is dedicated to the preservation of letterpress-era equipment and the art of fine printing."

I LOVE Briar Press. Once, I was looking for a "G" in a particular style, and emailed the site to inquire. Elizabeth Nevin wrote me back and had hand-drawn my "G" in Illustrator for me! Wow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home